Thursday 12 February 2015

The Best Indie Songs of 2015 - The Score


The Score's Oh My Love (Jan’15) sees grown men banging on about love and they “feel my heart beatin out my chest” in this self-described ‘carefree Sunday Cali’ song. It'll either make you want to chuck chunks or be in California.


 

Oh My Love is cheesier than your neglected granddad's dick-flap. Yet with the happy factor dialled up to, wait, that's off the fucking charts, and a dose of big drum, this song totally pulls it off, thanks in main to a bit of a gospel ring to the vocals.This song should have been a sunshine and cool breeze summer radio classic.


“Oh my love let me be your fire
We're a thousand miles up and about to get higher
Feel my heart beating out my chest
You're the only prayer I need to make me feel blessed”




 

Eddie Anthony and Edan Dover are a crafty pair of musical careerists with big press behind them, “Everything about this band tells us they are on the verge of exploding…”.

The Score have two E.P.’s and this stand alone single to their name. But all things being equal, this is the hit.

Ingredients in The Score's potpourri include playing pop punk tunes by the likes of Taking Back Sunday and Fall Out Boy. One of the dudes is into jazz piano and they both like soul music.

Shit you need to know:

Both men were quite successful in New York City but gave it all up to find the big time in Tinsel Town. Oh the derring-do of these bold two. Bet they are enjoying the beaches.

Are you feeling the love? Are you looking to score more? Try this goody, Catching Fire (Mar’15).



 
What I can offer you after that aperitif is the main fucking course. One of the chosen few, one of the greatest punk bands to ever grace the earth, the Korean ska-punks and heroes of the republic, Crying Nut. This is their run for cover, fan favourite Ride The Horse (1998).

These big bosses have plenty of high calibre in the case if you want to go dipping in their well of goodness.

 




Good bastards to a man and rock legends all.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment