Tuesday 2 December 2014

The Best Indie Songs of 2014 - Imagine Dragons


 
 


I Bet My Life (Oct’14) by Imagine Dragons has gospel singers in the quiet verses, big indie drums and the god’s honest definition of a monster chorus. It’s the definitive indie song of the teens. Raucous, folkish, uplifting and vacuous  but easily Imagine Dragon’s best song. I Bet My Life even sneaks in under the magic three minute bar too. I Bet My Life you’ll like this song.
 




 
 
Imagine Dragons have been plying their trade since 2008 and roll out of Vegas.

Imagine Dragons favourite numbers come from Muse, Nirvana and Arcade Fire. They don't mind an either way on Hip-hop too, for example Kendrick, Tupac or Biggie.

I Bet My Life is the first single off the bands second throw of the dice due in February 2015. Wanna try your luck? Top Of The World, Radioactive and It’s Time will give you the best odds.


 
 
 

Whose bigger in indie than these Imagine Dragons? Kings of Leon that's fucking who. And when the indie rock legends, the bassist of Kings of Leon and the singer from Mona got together to form Smoke and Jackal magic ensued. This is the sweet sexy crooner No Tell (2012). Go on, get down on your knees.

 
“She's lying through her teeth,
I bet he's proud of his daughter”

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment