Sunday 14 December 2014

The Best Indie Songs of 2014 - Tove Styrke


Tove Styrke's If I’m Loud It Doesn’t Mean I’m Talking To You(May ’14) wins the gold for song title obviously but also sounds like a catchy jump rope song backed by Prince in his Alphabet St days. And the jump rope keeps getting faster.
 

 
 
Electronic, voice driven and with light guitar. Tove Stryke has something to say about self obsessed men and guitar bands and says it with a punk attitude. If I'm Loud It Doesn't Mean I'm Talking To You is a head nodder, a toe tapper, a shoulder shrugger, an arse wriggler and one of the best indie songs of 2014.

“I think you're stuck in that me myself and I romance,
But that's too wild for you man to understand”







 
Tove Styrke is an indie pop singer slash songwriter from Sweden. She has been strutting her stuff since 2009 and has one flash of genius in the wardrobe Tove Styrke (2010). If I’m Loud It Doesn’t Mean I’m Talking To You is from Tove Styrke’s other extravaganza the E.P. Borderline(Nov’14).

Tove Styrke gets her trends from Bikini Kill, Patti Smith and Bjork. Miss Styrke also has some love for Grimes and Beyonce.


Blown away by Tove Styrke's brilliance? You can find more to fit with Borderline, Million Pieces and Call My Name.


 
 
 
You Tube comments made the comparison between If I'm Loud... and The Ting Ting's That's Not My Name (2008). It's a good comparison so let's roll with it.
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment