Tuesday 2 December 2014

The Best Indie Songs of 2014 - Young The Giant


 
 
 
There’s a yearning quality to Crystalized (Dec'13). Crystalized feels earnest with lyrics like, “This is where I come from, this is where I belong”. It’s chill, sweet and melodic but there’s a stirring of passions in the air. Young The Giant remind me a little of New Politics or Youngblood Hawke.

 
 
 
Young The Giant have been belting tunes out since 2004 and are spawned from Irvine, California. Cystalized is off Young The Giant’s second opus Mind Over Matter (Jan'14).
Young The Giant get their passion from listening to Radiohead.

Morrisey is a big fan of the band. Don’t be put off by that.
Still up for more Young The Giant? Try My Body or It's About Time.
 



Yeah I still can't believe the singer chose to go out wearing that wife beater in the first photo, he must be a relaxed cat. The Volbeat cover of Young The Giant’s My Body is just far too fucking good to go past. As are Volbeat full fucking stop. They give the song the balls it was missing. But enough prattling, the eagle has landed.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment