Saturday 9 April 2016

The Belligerents - Before, I Am






1.    Who are these happy heroes?

The Belligerents are a psych rock band from Brisbane, Australia. The band kicked off in 2010 and have three short players to their name. Before, I Am (March’16) is the lead single from their as yet unnamed debut long player.


2. What kind of tune are they rocking?

Ethereal vocals, minding of Manchester magic, float above nippy guitar jangle. Repeat listenings of Before, I Am are in order to get the best out of this one.


3. Who do The Belligerents sound like?

I Oh You compared Before, I Am to early Battles music.


4. Whats the word from the wannabes?

“Who-like vocal voyages and a swirl of riff roaring guitars” – Rolling Stone Australia.


“Unique experiemental psych-rock” – H H H Happy.
“A blistering rocker that is also dreamy and breathtaking” – The Revue.





5.  Which bands are the sunshine of The Belligerent’s life?

The Belligerents main influences are Talking Heads, Joy Division, Foals, Franz Ferdinand and Metronomy.
6. Why should I give Before, I Am a whip past the brain holes?
Before, I Am has hints of melancholy that grow on you.


7. Do The Belligerent’s have any more bolters?
Check out their cover of Fatboy Slim's Praise You for shits and giggles. It's money.


8. Any more words peasant?
Before, I Am was featured in Jonathan Hunt's Indie Rock Playlist (March'16).
The men have good taste in footwear.

“Before I am a man, I am a ghost”


Wild Child are an indie pop band from Austin, Texas. Whipping the crowd into a frenzy since 2010 they have three long players in the bank. Crazy Bird bubbles off Wild Child's second album The Runaround (2013) and has horns, banjo, whistles and 'heys'. Crazy Bird is upbeat fun.

“Whisper the things we’d scream”



No comments:

Post a Comment