Wednesday 19 April 2017

Gang Of Youths - What Can I Do If The Fire Goes Out




1.    Who are Gang Of Youths? 

Gang Of Youths are a popular indie rock band from Sydney, Australia. Their debut album The Positions (2015) made it to number five in the Aussie charts and their E.P. Let Me Be Clear (2016) to number two.

What Can I Do If The Fire Goes Out? (Feb’17) is the lead single from Gang Of Youth’s second album Go Farther In Lightness (August’17). 


2. What kind of song is What Can I Do If The Fire Goes Out

A cacophonous minute of flailing drums and melodious guitar augur a song that contains a firestorm of doubts and a soul in torment. What Can I Do If The Fire Goes Out is dark, dense, and fucking intense indie rock; recalling the blood stirring 'death or glory' of early U2. 


3. Who do Gang Of Youths sound like?

Gaslight Anthem, U2, and The National.


4. What have the press said about What Can I Do If The Fire Goes Out?

“A relentlessly driving anthem” – Stereogum.

“An epic five minutes of festival-ready rock’n’roll” – Music Feeds.

“Anthemic, frenetic and not wasting a damn second”The AU Review.


5. Which bands inspired Gang Of Youths?

Their main influences are U2, Bruce Springsteen, Pavement and The Replacements.  


6. Why should I give What Can I Do If The Fire Goes Out a listen? 

Because you like songs with the intensity that can turn a turd into a diamond. 


7. What are Gang Of Youths best songs? 

Strange Diseases  and Benevolence Riots are more of the good stuff.


8. Any more words? 

The lead singer, Dave Leaupepe tried to kill himself when he was 22. 


“ ‘Cause I was only a kid,
When I felt you tossed me aside”




The Riptide Movement are a rock band from Dublin, Ireland. They started in 2006 and have four albums. The Riptide Movement sound like Kings Of Leon and Gaslight Anthem. They are influenced by Bruce Springsteen and Creedence Clearwater Revival. It All Works Out (2013) is from The Riptide Movement's third album Getting Through (2014). That album made it to number one on the Irish charts and It All Works Out was the stand out song; a tune The Guardian called “an instantly stirring indie rocker.”


“I’m with you every step of the way,
Tomorrows a new day”





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. This is really helpful and informative, as this gave me more insight to create more ideas and solutions for my plan. I would love to see more updates from you.

    Melbourne Entertainment Venues

    ReplyDelete