Wednesday 9 May 2018

Alex Lahey - I Haven't Been Taking Care Of Myself




1.    Who?

Alex Haley is a popular indie rock/punk musician from Melbourne, Australia. She broke big in 2017 with her debut album I Love You Like A Brother. I Haven't Been Taking Care Of Myself (Sept'17) is the third single from the album.


2. What?

I Haven't Been Taking Care Of Myself is a power pop/pop punk song that is catchy but you won't be embarrassed to get caught listening to it. It features typically wry Australian lyrics.


3. Who does Alex Lahey sound like?

No Doubt meets The Smith Street Band (and with Alex The Astronaut's lyrical self-depreciation).


4. What have the magazines said?

“Instantly accessible” – Triple J.


“The highlight of the album” – Punk News.

“A mighty chorus and weighty emotional punch” – NME.


5. Which bands have influenced Alex Lahey?
The Killers, Paramore, Bruce Springsteen, and Dolly Parton.

6. Why should I listen to it?
Because sometimes you like middle of the road music.

7. Does she have any more bangers?
Everyday Is The Weekend found it's way into many Best of 2017 lists and Lotto In Reverse is good.

8. Any more words? 
Zip.
“I’ve gained weight and I drink too much,
Maybe that’s why you don’t love me as much”


Amyl and The Sniffers are a pub rock/punk band from Melbourne, Australia. They have a rough as spilled guts sound of early 70's rock/pub punk. Their influences are AC/DC and Dolly Parton. Honestly. The band have two short E.P's. I'm Not A Loser is the first track from the second E.P Big Attraction (2017). It did prove to be a big attraction, and they scored opening slots for Weezer and the Foo Fighters in 2018. I'm Not A Loser is song with all the subtlety of a shit stain. 
“People look at me like I’m a hooker,
But I just want to be a venue booker”




No comments:

Post a Comment